Harry Potter for Kinect – video game for Xbox 360 – will release on September 1 2012 and is available for pre-orders online.
As the name states, Harry Potter for Kinect will rely on the Xbox 360′s motion-sensing camera peripheral, letting players cast spells using gestures and magic words. Would-be wizards will also be able to use the camera to scan in their faces for use on created characters.
The game will follow the story of the films, letting players re-create key scenes in control of Harry, Hermione, and Ron, or their created characters. Before the final showdown with Voldemort, players can choose a house to join at Hogwarts, partake in quidditch matches, and take a break with a few minigames. Harry Potter for Kinect will also feature competitive and cooperative multiplayer action.
- For the first time, create a witch or wizard character in your likeness that will become part of the gameplay through Kinect?s scanning technology.
- Experience unforgettable moments from all eight films – from having your wand choose you at Ollivanders and being Sorted as a first-year student at Hogwarts, to battling You-Know-Who in a climactic wizard battle
- Cast spells at your opponents by performing the proper casting maneuvers and calling out spell names utilizing Kinect?s controller-free and voice recognition capabilities.
- Hone your casting, brewing and duelling skills (among others) in class to unlock even more lessons and challenges
- Challenge a friend in competitive mini-games, or join forces against a mutual opponent in co-op games.